Receiving email through a 3rd party provider requires DNS record changes. We recommend a dedicated domain, or a sub-domain (separate from you main business domain) for this purpose. If you want to continue to use your main domain that is already in-use on an MX mail server, then you will need to continue to import tickets via the POP method in WHMCS.
- main business domian – mybusiness.com
- dedicated support/ticket domain – mysupport.com
- sub-domains – tickets.mybusiness.com, support.mybusiness.com, helpdesk.mybusiness.com, etc.
Plan your ticket domain ahead of time, for use in WHMCS and Email Plus+.
- Create an MX record for this domain, and set a priority of 10 or lower. See list below for each provider –
- Postmark (tickets.mybusiness.com -> inbound.postmarkapp.com)
- Mailgun (tickets.mybusiness.com -> mxa.mailgun.org, mxb.mailgun.org)
- Sendgrid (tickets.mybusiness.com -> mx.sendgrid.net)
- Mandrill (Go to Inbound in your Mandrill account for exact MX records)
- Create SPF and DKIM records for this domain as well, as instructed by your 3rd party provider.
- Enable inbound processing in WHMCS for Email Plus+, by going to “Setup, Addon Modules, Email Plus+”. Check the box “Process Inbound”.
- Create support departments, with an email address that matches your new support domains configured before. Note : Emails received by Email Plus+ Webhooks, that do NOT have a matching support department will be discarded.
- Read and follow detailed instructions in our knowledge base for you provider.